Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Some college updates!

Okay, as promised this is the mega-awaited college update you guys have been pining for! Hehehe.. Sorry it's not really afternoon anymore as promised, but the camera did some funny things with me. Nevertheless, here are some pics of college! Yay!

Behold the fact that I'm not that much of a good photographer (compared to the likes of Teck Kang and the gang) - I dropped out of Mr Foord's photography club last year, to my own disadvantage...Muhuhu..But I figured you all would like SOME pics no matter how ugly they are, no? ;D

++ The sparse jungle ++

Remember that earlier post about the jungles near our college being cut down? Well, here's some pictorial proof of the tragedy :

FLASHBACK : Remember these green stuff?




Okay, so I cheated! It's not really the REAL flashback - it's actually the still-untouched jungle behind the tennis courts, but at least it jolts some memories...buek!

Anyways, it's kind of sad that we didn't take some time and appreciate the beauty of it while it was still there. Since it is now all reduced to -




*Yes peeps, it IS indeed, a sad sight*

It doesn't look half as bad as it really is - it kept on raining the whole day! (hence the soggy trees :P) But I can assure you people that it looks far WORSE than that on a hot sunny afty, when the sun reflects the earth and it looks like a big patch of orangey substance. Yeesh!

Besides that, we also have the construction in front of the DH. Although I've kind of noticed that they've stopped working this past few days. Perhaps due to the monsoon?





This one is not that bad actually, since we DO need the new buildings (don't ask me what they are for actually..No friggin idea!) But as a common fact - all construction sights are NOISY and SMELLY. Everytime I pass by this place I'd be holding my breath while doing a 100m sprint so that I don't have to inhale the elephant poo-ish scent this place so fondly smells of! Thank god for air-conditioning in the DH!!

++ Some other, slightly smaller changes ++



It took me a couple of walks down this walkway to realise that our clinic now has a 'roof'! Small contribution, but still...On those rainy days, and you're as sick as a dog - you'd be thanking you're lucky stars that you don't have to get wet (and increasing your degree of sickness) thanks to the roof :D Hahaha..

(you can so tell that I have nothing else to update about :P)

And oh! I love this little thing that Arvindd has created during his manifesto to win the hearts of us, lazy bums.



It's a italiano-cafe-billboard sign that writes the daily menu of the DH! Yippee! Thanks for the great innovation pal, you DO know that was one of the reasons you won right? Hehehhe..Kidding! ;)

(but seriously, don't stop doing this ok arvindd deary? *bats eyelashes* It's such a long walk to the notice boards... :P)

And that wraps up this edition of mega-updates. Do come back next year for the next update yea? Hehehehe, joking ;)

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home