Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Interviews With The Candidates! Part Two

Short Interviews with the two Presidential Candidates

Another one by Muhammad Iqbal

With the Male VP manifestos out of the way as the first night’s main event, the big one was yet to come tomorrow. So before anything can be said or done by Adam and Aqtar, I decided to approach to hold a pre-manifesto interview, considering the fact that if they screw up during the manifesto, they’ll be able to apologize for it in a post-manifesto interview.

Firstly, I cornered Aqtar on his way back from the GH.

Bal: Aqtar! Can I shoot a few questions at you? This won’t take long.

Aqtar: Sure. Go ahead.

Bal: Firstly, well, you’re running for the big one- the President post. Now Hizami’s an Art Student, and arguably most posts in co-curricular activities are held by Art Students. Don’t you think that this-

Aqtar: No, I don’t think it impairs my chances.

Bal: Yeah, it in fact gets you more support from the Medic Geeks, (oops, I’m one of them), since you’re our ‘spokesperson’ and all.

Aqtar smiles.

Bal: But seriously, as a Medic, you know that we tend to have heavier workloads, and tend to you know, need to have more time to read and all? How sure are you that the SC won’t constrain your studying time?

Aqtar: You see, the thing with that is that whenever people think about SC, they see Hizami. Hizami’s a workaholic. He does work even when he’s not supposed to do it. Now I don’t think that that’s proper time management. A leader should delegate work. As long as I do that, I should be fine.

Bal: Meaning you’re not a workaholic.

Aqtar (smiles): No.

Bal: Okaay.. Now what do you think of your chances? Seeing Adam seems to have an underground society backing him…unless you have one that I don’t know of.

Aqtar: I might have one that even I don’t know of. (grins)

Bal: (I bet you have)

Aqtar: No, seriously now, I think my chances are really fair. Adam’s going to be a tough opponent, but I don’t see why I can’t win.

Bal: Now that I think of it, I don’t see you hogging the microphone as much as uhm, A- oops, someone else does. Have you had experience as a speaker? Debates? Anything?

Aqtar: I used to be a Head Prefect in my old school. I know I can handle it.

Bal: Yeah…alright then. Now, I know you might not want to give anything away, but we’ve had some colorful performances tonight (especially from the Food Excos). You have any gimmicks up your sleeve?

Aqtar: No. The President post is a serious one, so it’s all about the speech.

Bal: Okay then, thanks for your time.

I later then cornered Adam in his chalet bedroom, where he was doing, well, something I’m not at the liberty to disclose.

Bal: Just a few secs, then you can get back to it.

Adam: Okay then.

Bal: We saw you at the ICAN opening, you looked kinda nervous. Still nervous now?

Adam: Just a little. But then everyone gets nervous all the time.

Bal: So, you’ve got a well, you’ve got a whole group of uhm, friends backing you up. What do you think of your chances?

Adam: Well…about 50-50 I guess. It’s going to be a tough fight.

Bal: Yeah, it would appear so. So how do you find college life, Adam? Is it hectic?

Adam: Not really. I think I’m coping well.

Bal: (I'll bet you are) Meaning the additional SC burdens won’t stress you out?

Adam: No, I can handle it.

Bal: You sure?

Adam: I’m not Hizami. I’ll know how to manage my time. I’m not a…

Bal: A workaholic?

Adam: Yeah, I’m not a workaholic. I think with proper time management and delegation of work, I can get things done without too much stress.

Bal: So, you got any gimmicks set up for tomorrow night? After seeing the videos and slide shows and stuff?

Adam: I’m not going to reveal anything. It’s a surprise.

Bal: Alright then. Now, hm, you said you have experience as a Head Boy?

Adam: Yes, in my old school.

Bal: Both of you seem to be banking on that. Frankly said, isn’t being a Head Boy in school different? I mean, you’ve got more power here, and hence, more responsibility. The posts in school were mostly controlled a lot by teachers.

Adam: Well, even though the power may be increased, in essence, it’s still the same thing. Communication skills, being able to handle events… So I don’t really think it’s all that much of a difference.

Bal: Alright then, Adam. I’ll leave you to get back to…what you were doing just now. Good luck for tomorrow.

And there you have it. From the two future Head Boys. Well they’ll talk much more tomorrow night I’m sure, so I’ll just leave it here. In the meantime, well, what we can be sure of is that we won’t be seeing future ‘Hizami-clones’ in any of these two. ^^ Sorry Hizami, guess you’re not that much of a role model after all.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home