Monday, January 17, 2005

Excerpts from THE people that matter

by Jan and Azy.

HIZAMI ~President~
My prospect? It is certainly an uphill battle. I can't really tell what's the difference between my vision and Hisyam's but given the opportunity, in this position, I would convey the common interests of the students and make their voices heard.

ABG.DAUD aka HISYAM ~President~
Honestly, I do feel quite confident. But in life, anything can happen. I'm looking forward to Manifesto Night! I've always been sincere in my approach with everyone. My motive for running this post in the SC is the same with my motive in life- I'm still ME, with the same principles.

KENRICK ~Vice President~
[ I didn't really get what he was saying but the fabulous new,bright blue shirt is certainly a breath of fresh air amidst the the sombre sea of blackness]
[ after 6pm and officially a VP candidate, Kenrick was in a more chatty mood ]
I don't know how all the rumours started about me running for treasurer, I just made up my mind to run for SC last Friday. My vision? Wait for the Manifesto Night *mysteriously*

ABBY ~Vice President~

I feel normal [why of course, the whole TKC Bloc rooting for her ]. Wait for Manifesto Night but of course, I'll be fighting for the students' rights { thats what they all say but do you think it will work with the masses???? }. Abby and seconder, Pai, would like to thank Secretaryman for being their doughnut provider. [ the generous Secretaryman carrying the credit for enticing more nominations this year with his fantabulous strategy of appealing to the hungry food lovers with free Topazian doughnuts, hrrmph ]

GRACE ~ Secretary~

May the best one win. I will do my best if I am elected. However, in the event that I do lose, I would not regret running for SC. At least I have tried.I will have aquired experience from running a campaign.I do not want to look back later and think and regret that I didnt run.

AZLAN ~ Secretary~

*frowns*. I want to report a dissatisfaction with SecretaryMan. I have to buy him a doughnut. What's more, his bigger emphasis is on a cafe treat!! { Azlan, think of it as a campaign strategy. The best way to a man's heart is through his stomach. }

Iliana ~Secretary~

I have not held a Secretary post before but still,I want a chance. I know Grace and Tengku Azlan are popular people, much more compared to me.But it doesnt mean that if they are popular, they only can do the job well.{are you insinuating here??? however, u are right....those that can do a good job are not always the popular ones....common scenario at the workplace...the school nerds become your boss!!! Be sure you are nice to them now!!} All will depend on Manifesto Night.

YC ~Treasurer~

Politics is a dirty job. So right now, I don't feel perfectly pure but I feel good. Just can't wait for it to end; but...this is just the beginning.

Dzaquan ~Treasurer~

Back in secondary school, I have held all the other posts,Secretary,VP....Except Treasurer.This is why I am now running for Treasurer. I want to try something new.I know that I am not one of this college's 'glamour' or popular girls. I have to admit I am a little scared of contending against YC. Everybody knows him through CP. But that doesnt mean that just because he has done the job before, he is the only one that can do it. Bagilah peluang kepada saya....

WEN AI ~ Welfare Exco~

I feel nervous,of course. I don't want to reveal my plans yet. But, just want to assure you, I have your welfare at heart.{ good campaign slogan;hope you are not the typical Malaysian wakil rakyat who promises the moon and stars but.....}

JOEY ~ Welfare Exco~

I am shocked. I didn't expect so many people to contest for this post. I did ask around, but it seems nobody was willing to give me a sincere answer. { this is politics,my son.....mixing with highly kiasu intellectualls which make up KYUEM doesn't change the fact that politics everywhere is dirty.} I am just being myself. I really care about other people and working in the Welfare Exco is the best way to advance their interests and welfare.

SIT ~ Welfare Exco~

{ just for your interest, Sit was really undecided about what post to contest for. He was swinging back and forth between Religious,Food and Welfare Exco. Maybe in the beginning, he wanted a post that was an 'easy-catch'. Why he later decided to run for the most heavily contested post is completely beyond my powers of understanding}

I am nervous but excited at the same time. I do think I can do a better job than others. I might form an alliance with Kenrick to campaign but nothing is really decided yet.

ACAI ~Sports Exco~

Organizing more sports tournaments shall be what I strive for. Not forgetting, of course, making sure that the sports' fascilities are well kept.

AJAK ~Food Exco~

I would like to be part of the SC team and make this college a better place to live. I want to effectively communicate the students' wants and ensure that their comments are respected. For this, good line of communication must be established between the DH and the students.Certainly I will see some changes done!

NASYI ~Food Exco~

I'm happy with what I've decided to do. *nods*

Illya ~Food Exco~

I never thought that this would happen.If I am elected, I hope to be able to improve the DH food and also be able to contribute effectively to SC. I am really surprised that so many people are contesting for Food Exco.I just have to face up to that fact....{ Seniors and veritas too are also surprised. Who would want to want to deal with something so mundane and impossible to change??? Perhaps our candidates mistakenly thought that it would be an easy contest....a large scale of misjudging here, isn't it my dear candidates....}

Dirah ~Food Exco~

In KYUEM,food is obviously one of the most important area of survival.This is why I choose to run for the food committee.To make the act of going through life in KYUEM essentially a more pleasant one.In addition to being part of the student council,this may give me a chance to relay the student's request to the management.{ unfortunately, this wasn't an on-the-spot,pants down,sweaty palms,think on your feet interview."Superman" Nico came to the rescue and spent 10 minutes with Dirah drafting a politically correct response for Veritas, much to our dissatisfaction....Hmm....one of our candidates here doesnt know why she's running, or more possibly her reason isn't 'politically correct'..if you know what I'm saying...}

BEN ~Acad Exco~

*Seen flirting with reporters to get them raise his public image* [ Heh, go Ben, GO!!! ] A lot of students don't aim for the top positions, it seems, they're all crowding the Excos.

MIOR ~Acad Exco~

I'm honoured to be able to compete with this bunch of great people. We are all equally strong. I would work to improve the standard use of English in the college, I mean, it's a necessary preparation to face life in the UK. Maybe we can bring forwrd the library's uses, maybe have book reviews in Veritas!

AFIDA ~Acad Exco~

Ben and Mior are really strong candidates but I'm sure each and every one of us can make our contributions, not only in the Acad Department but the SC in general.

Commentary from Jan and Azy, semi-professional political commentators and critics:

If you do get elected, try to make SC politics clean for the next batch. You can't change the world, but at least try to change the college.That's what your exterior being is in the SC for. Not to get a "good-looking" personal statement, keep that firmly to yourself.

Some candidates: You're one preacher, no doubt about it. Just hope you keep to your words after the election. The world's too full of hypocrites and we certainly don't need more. From what we heard, some of you are either not very confident of winning, or trying to sound humble in an attempt to fish votes, and woo blog readers. Would love to say "Honesty is the best Policy" but in politics generally the phrase need not be implied. All the best!


|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home